Wednesday 5 June 2013

Jenny Packham - By Royal Appointment

As the royal family gathered at Westminster Abbey to mark 60 years since the Queen's coronation all eyes were on Kate, who looked a peach in Jenny Packham  - oh, and her favourite LK Bennett Sledge courts.

It's fair to say the Duchess of Cambridge is quite a fan, having been spotted wearing Jenny Packham designs to a string of royal engagements over the past couple of years - but for me one dress particularly stands out from the rest.

Almost a year on since we saw Kate wearing her teal Jenny Packham gown to a London 2012 gala, it still ranks as one of my favourite DoC looks - but did you know the stunning dress with plunging neckline and lace detailing is also available as a bridal gown? If I ever meet my Prince Charming the Aspen, as it's known, would definitely have to be at the top of the wedding dress wish list.

Of course, Kate's Sarah Burton creation will always be the ultimate wedding dress in my eyes - and it definitely lived up to my expectations when I went to see it on display at Buckingham Palace. This year the summer opening will showcase the Queen's Norman Hartnell coronation gown - I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment