Friday 7 March 2014

Join the Charity Shop Treasure Hunt

I don't know about you, but I love having a good rummage through the donations at my local charity shops. In the past I've found gems like an Aquascutum blazer and Burberry purse - but next week there is the possibility of unearthing even more designer donations than usual as the Tatler Treasure Hunt returns to Cancer Research UK charity shops. From Monday 10th March head to your local Cancer Research and see if you can bag yourself some of the top designer items that have been hidden in shops around the UK, with no item costing more than £100.



















Over £50,000 worth of items have been donated to the cause, with contributing designers include Alberta Ferretti, Anya Hindmarch, Belstaff, Bulgari, Chanel, Charlotte Olympia, Christian Dior, Christian Louboutin, Daks, Diane von Furstenburg, DKNY, Dolce & Gabbana, Emilia Wickstead, Erdem, Fendi, Hugo Boss, Jenny Packham, Jimmy Choo, Maje, Manolo Blahnik, Matthew Williamson,  Miu Miu, Moschino, Nicholas Kirkwood, Paul Smith, Ports 1961, Prada, Pringle, Ralph Lauren, Roksanda Ilincic, Roland Mouret, Rupert Sanderson, Stella McCartney, Temperley, Tod’s and Tommy Hilfiger.

Last year lucky Mina Thapa got her hands on a Mulberry bag worth over £1,000 for just £100. She said: “The day I got my lucky bag, I was just walking past the shop, decided to pop in and spotted it. I couldn’t believe my luck. The Tatler Treasure Hunt is a brilliant way of highlighting the wonderful things that can be found in the charity’s shops every day. And of course, the money raised is funding vital research, which is helping more people beat cancer.” Couldn't put it better myself, Mina! It's a brilliant idea and I'll definitely be having a look what's in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment